The Big Start Event with the Stars
The Big Start Event with the Stars
12th june 2021 – 13th june 2021
Why choosing this academy:
- Enjoy a Saturday evening dinner with El Diablo Chiappucci, Alessandro Ballan and Ivan Quaranta, let them tell you about their unforgettable victories over a glass of wine
- Try Cinelli Superstar road bike, UCI Team Colpack Ballan official bike
- A great staff at your disposal, all our staff together for 2021 Ital Cycling premiere event
Ital Cycling tour operator launch event! Cinelli - Columbus, the UCI Continental Colpack-Ballan Team and the Municipality of Garda invite you to this exclusive weekend. In the setting of our Lake Garda, we will accompany you for two extraordinary road cycling training days: a coaching weekend, managed by British Cycling qualified coach Ian Jenner, together with the greats Claudio Chiappucci, Ivan Quaranta and Alessandro Ballan, who will join the group for dinners and will ride with you. Taste local food and wine, experience two days of sport, with the UCI professional riders road assistance. Experience an Ital Cycling event!
Day 1 | Arrival in Garda
0 km, 0 m
The 2021 season begins! Get to know our staff, they will welcome you at the hotel upon your arrival and manage your accommodation. We will introduce to your Cinelli Superstar bike with the required fitting. Before dinner, our coach, Ian Jenner, will give the brief on tomorrow's training day.
Day 2 | The morainic hills, Valeggio, Borghetto and San Martino Tower
85 km, 500 m
You will finally be riding alongside Chiappucci for the first training of the weekend! The morainic hills will be the setting for our day, during which we will try team exercises with El Diablo and Ian Jenner. A ride to Valeggio, Borghetto (stop) and the Tower of San Martino. We will also pass through the vineyard area of Custoza, through Pastrengo and Bardolino. On your return, you will check your performance with the coach while sipping an aperitif. Dinner at the hotel with the Champions: el Diablo and Ivan Quaranta! Let them tell you about their careers and their life, a
privilege only for few.
Day 3 | Monte Baldo, Lumini climb, "Panoramica climb" in Malcesine
100 km, 1.100 m
What is it like to wake up with the reflections of the lake that filter through your hotel room? A good breakfast to fill up on energy will be essential to tackle today's uphill training. After the briefing, we will leave for Caprino, climbing Bardolino moraine hill accompanied by Alessandro Ballan. The ascent will take us to the slopes of Monte Baldo, climbing up to Lumini, where the surprisingly panoramic descent will begin leading us all the way to the lake shores. We will then proceed towards Malcesine, to tackle the famous ascent of the "Panoramica" road, theater of stages of the Giro del Trentino: the "Poggio" of Lake Garda, a short and fast climb. At the hotel, after the coach debrief, enjoy the final lunch with Alessandro and our staff to celebrate the emotions of the weekend. See you on your next holidays with Ital Cycling!
Price per person (maximum 12 px):
Euro 460,00 (taxes and VAT included) | single supplement, applied to secure a private room for solo travellers: Euro 40,00 (taxes and VAT included)
La quota comprende
- 2 nights in a 3S star hotel in a double room with breakfast | 2 dinner | 1 lunch on sunday | one light lunch on Saturday before training | 1 aperitif
- Claudio Chiappucci, Ivan Quaranta and Alessandro Ballan presence for a day
- Van and mechanic in tow | assistance from the van (eat and drink) | photos and videos along the routes
- Assistance from our holiday manager and from our cycling guides
- Welcome kit Xeler supplements | 20% discount on Cinelli Bike apparel and accessories
- Bike rental Cinelli Superstar
The fee does not include
- Travel and accident insurance
Anything not mentioned in "The fee includes"
Participants to the event will be required to have a COVID vaccination certificate or a negative test done in the past 48 hours.
The use of a power meter or heart rate monitor is recommended in order to use the training program correctly. The van is always at your disposal; do not hesitate to use it before returning to the hotel if the distance travelled is judged not appropriate for your abilities.
Do you have questions? Check out our FAQ.