THE NIGHT RACE
Tremosine By Night race experience
14th September 2021 – 19th September 2021
Difficulty level: competitive
Why choosing this academy
- Get rewarded by Claudio Chiappucci at the end of an amateur cycling race in Italy
- The Strada della Forra, overlooking Lake Garda, which crosses a narrow gorge, and which is dark even in a sunny day
- A fish dinner, tasting cool Santa Cristina white wine, on the pier of a typical marina in Lake Garda
Exciting, scenic, engaging. The uphill Tremosine By Night race is a world unique experience. You go up, after the massive start, along the famous canyon of Strada della Forra. You compete on a road over the cliffs of Lake Garda, guided only by the bike headlights! Ian Jenner, official British Cycling coach, will prepare the participants for the event for a very exclusive four-days training. On the day of the race you will have the opportunity to be in company of Claudio Chiappucci, unforgettable champion, who will accompany you to the race and reward you for your result.
Day 1 | Welcome to Lake Garda!
0 km, 0 m
Transfer from the airport. Welcome from the staff of Ital Cycling Promotion. Check in at Hotel Regina Adelaide and wine testing in the hotel's cellar, the first opportunity to savour the Italian flavours. Dinner at the hotel, to enjoy traditional local dishes.
Accommodation: Hotel Regina Adelaide.
Day 2 | Albisano, Costermano, Bardolino
5 0 km, 400 m
A training to check bikes and equipment and to start the approach to the race. We will cycle from Garda to Torri del Benaco where we will start the climb up to Albisano to test everyone's ability to pedal uphill. Easy return downhill through the villages overlooking the beautiful hills Castion, Cavaion and reaching the lake in Bardolino. In the afternoon Ian Jenner's work will begin: analysing the data recorded on the ascent and giving individual feedbacks, sharing some training tips to improve uphill pedalling technique to complete the technical frame of this day. Dinner with all the staff in a restaurant on the small port of Castelletto.
Day 3 | Tremosine, tests on the race course
6 0 km, 9 00 m
Finally we will go to Tremosine for two tests on the race climb! The first time you will go up in a group, at low speed, to "enjoy" the view. The second time will be used instead to analyse the data. The idea is to understand where you will loose time and where you can earn it. We will study the trajectory and the best way to tackle the hairpin bends. An exclusive dinner will be served on a private boat that will take you back to Garda. Once back at the hotel, we will examine the characteristics of the climb using virtual tools such as Velo Viewer / Google Earth, etc. and we will manage the athletes' performance data to prepare for race day.
Day 4 | Recovery day.
5 0 km, 40 0 m
Short training today, a small loop with minimal climbs for the purpose of "unloading", today the cyclist commitment will be expressed in relation to the expected form of the athletes. In the evening we will drive the group to Verona, to admire its historic center and to treat us with a special dinner.
Day 5 | The race! 18th September 2021.
3 0 km, 9 00 m
Race day. Final virtual look at the climb, finalising the individual plan of each athlete. The emotion raises as the boat approaches the western shore of the lake... Racing in the dark, waiting for the results and the awards, sharing emotions with the opponents during the pasta party and returning at night traveling around the upper part of the Lake, what a unique experience!
- 16.00: exit the hotel
- 16.30: by ferry to Toscolano Maderno
- 17.30: bib collection, equipment arrangement, heating, meeting at the start
- 20.30: start of the Tremosine By Night Race
- 10.30pm: parades, pasta party
- 24.30: return to the hotel.
Day 6 | Goodbye Lake Garda
Hotel check out and group farewell with last chance to eat an ice cream or drink a Negroni in Italy. Transfer to the airport.
Price per person (minimum 8 - maximum 12 px):
Euro 2.290,00 (taxes and VAT included) | single supplement, applied to secure a private room for solo travellers: Euro 350,00 (taxes and VAT included)
This tour can be organized private for any number of participants. Contact us for details.
The price includes
- Hotel stay (4 stars S - 2 dinners) | two dinners in a restaurant
- Dinner on a private boat | guided tour in the historic center of Verona
- Refreshments after each workout | 1 wine tasting | massage service at the hotel spa
- Support and coaching from our staff | dedicated cycling guide every day | photos and videos along the routes and during visits
- Van in tow during training and refuelling drinks and food | bike washing, maintenance and recovery
- Champion Claudio Chiappucci with you on race day
- Welcome Xeler kit
- Transfer from / to the airport
The fee does not include
- Travel and personal insurance
Anything not mentioned in "The fee includes"
- Bike rental Cinelli Superstar: euro 45,00 per person a day
You must have travel insurance that includes coverage for road cycling, medical bills, and repatriation. It is also required to be registered for competitive purposes with an amateur cycling organization.
Do you have questions? Check out our FAQ.