Sicily bike tour
Sicily bike tour
March 13th – March 19th 2022 or upon request
Difficulty level: challenging
Why choosing this holiday
- Arriving in the beautiful square of Taormina riding your road bike.
- Having a stroll around Catania to treat yourself with the famous Sicilian sweets: cannolo, cassatella or
- Relaxing at your resort, playing golf overlooking your next cycling challenge: Mt Etna Europe highest volcano.
Sicily is the region with some of the most iconic landscapes, architecture and food, representing Italy all over the world. In particular, the Sicilian cuisine is an experience for the senses that will make you crave for more. But Sicily is also cycling best kept secret: a great destination for road cycling.
Accommodation: Il Pìcciolo Golf Resort
Day 1 | Arrival
40 km, 200 m
Welcome to the hotel and briefing. After the presentation of the staff, we will check together the equipment and positioning on the bike. A short ride will anticipate dinner at the hotel.
Day 2 | Mount Etna
58 km, 1900 m
Today we will face our first challenge. The Sapienza Refuge, scene of the final stages of the Giro d'Italia, is a long climb through ancient lava flows and craters in an astounding scenario. We will be in a fascinating territory that joins the Mediterranean Sea to 3,000 meters above sea level in a few kilometers. In the afternoon you will be free to use the hotel's wellness center facilities to relax. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 3 | Taormina
63 km, 1.100 m
Taormina is one of the most fascinating places in Eastern Sicily. From Corso Umberto I we will reach the Duomo, the suggestive panoramic terrace overlooking the sea of Piazza IX Aprile, the center of social life, and the famous Greek Theater. Here we will take some of the best photos of Sicily! And then, after a short descent, we will reach Isola Bella, the nature reserve praised by Goethe, Byron and Dillon. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 4 | Recovery day. Street food in Catania
0 km, 0 m
We will experience Sicily in the streets of one of its typical cities, and the bicycle will remain at rest… Do you want to try the arancini, the ricotta cannolo, the cassatella, the almond paste and the Sicilian granita? Get ready for a walking tour of the city that will offer an overview of the narrow streets and squares of the historic center, tasting some of the best culinary delicacies of Catania. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 5 | Milazzo
75 km, 1.200 m
Today we will reach Milazzo, on the northern coast. Capo Milazzo and Tindari are fantastic coastal landmarks. How about a dip in the water? And how about tasting Mediterranean swordfish while having lunch overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea this is the perfect place! Dinner at the hotel.
Day 6 | Summary of the training program. Giro dell’Etna
100 km, 1.100 m
Last ride for the grand finale: a challenging day, offering the chance to try to overcome our limits over a long distance: circling around Mt Etna, Europe’s highest volcano. Final evening dinner with all the staff!
Day 7 | Conclusion
The staff will greet you with the last spritz of your Italian holiday. Transfer to the airport.
Price per person (minimum 6 - maximum 12 px):
Euro 1.700,00 (taxes and VAT included) | single supplement, applied to secure a private room for solo travellers: Euro 250,00 (taxes and VAT included)
This tour can be organized private for any number of participants. Contact us for details.
The price includes
- 6 nights in a 4S star hotel in a double room with breakfast | 6 dinners | 1 lunch, post workout refreshments (food and liquids)
- Bike guides | assistance from the van (eat and drink) | photos and videos along the routes and during visits
- All transfers by minivan, bike and luggage transport to and from the airport
- Guided tour in Catania and street food experience
- Welcome kit Vince Team supplements | 20% discount on Cinelli Bike apparel and accessories
The fee does not include
- Travel and accident insurance
- Drinks with meals
Anything not mentioned in "The fee includes"
- Scott bike rental
- Ital Cycling gives you the exclusive opportunity to ride and live for one or two days with a great cycling champion like Claudio Chiappucci, Alessandro Ballan and Valerio Agnoli. Upon request
Do you have questions? Check out our FAQ.